Thursday, April 7, 2011

Second day - work out with Shari


OK, I had a personal trainer today to show me what I should do to "awaken" my muscles. Oh man, did I not know they where THAT asleep! What a rude awakening! Regular curls, ok, side curls!? No Way, they where killing me, I hardly got my shoulders of the floor. That needs some extra effort. So on we went, weights, straps, ball, rope (absolutely not my favorite) bars, squats, side lunges. Really, will I ever get used to lunges and squats?
On to the leg press, piece of cake, after that - over to where I embarrassed myself big time, the hip ab. That machine was a challenge for me as a former horse back rider. I told my trainer I will tackle 130lbs, easily since I used to direct horses with my legs. I climbed in. It felt like mounting a horse, I could almost feel the saddle, the stir ups, the reins. I was ready and here we went, spurs, press....... ONE time! And we, me and my imaginary horse came to a quick halt. With my head bowed in shame I managed 60lbs, but I have my goal set! On the hip ad, which was next, I did not say a word and finished 60lbs/12 times with no problem.
I finished the work-out 15 minutes on the Elliptical (I hope its the right word) which felt like a hour and my thighs where burning since they remembered the spinning class from the day before. Pain, Pain, got to love the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment